- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (not sweet cream or European style)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small package of instant pudding mix (chocolate or chocolate fudge)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips (mix of white, milk and dark chocolate)
Preheat oven 375
Cream together butter and sugar for at least 5 minutes. Add eggs, pudding mix and extract(s) and mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients and mix together. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop them on a baking sheet (greased or lined with parchment paper.) Bake 10-12 minutes. Let them cool on a wire rack.
Thank you to my good friend Sarah McHugh for first turning me on to the idea of using pudding in my cookies. It really keeps them soft.